Something For The Weekend: Gooey Hot Chocolate FondantBy amelia richards
You’ve seen the pros do it on Masterchef but you’ve never been brave enough to give a chocolate fondant recipe a go yourself. Time to change that! Dean Cole, Head Pastry Chef at The Belfry Hotel & Resort generously shared this recipe which makes six gooey and rich hot chocolate fondants so you can make hotel quality food at home:
– 140g 85% dark chocolate
– 125g Unsalted butter
– 4 Large eggs
– 120g Caster sugar
– 75g Plain flour
– Extra butter
– Cocoa powder
– Pre-heat oven to 180֯C
– Melt 140g of dark chocolate with a 125g unsalted butter over a pan of hot water
– Once melted remove from the pan, add two eggs, and whisk the mixture
– Add the last two eggs and continue to whisk the mixture before adding 120g of caster sugar. Continue to stir the chocolate mixture
– Add 75g of plain flour and stir the mix until smooth
– Lightly butter your moulds and coat with cocoa powder before transferring the mix (approx. 120g)
– Place the filled moulds on a tray and bake for eight minutes at 180֯C
– After eight minutes, remove from the oven and leave to rest for two minutes
– Serve as desired. We recommend serving with berries and whipped cream or ice cream!
The Belfry Hotel & Resort is an award-winning hotel situated in the heart of the country in Royal Sutton Coldfield, North Warwickshire, and is home to 319 luxurious bedrooms and suites, several restaurants and bars including Ryder Grill and The Brabazon Bar, events and meetings spaces, a leisure club and The Belfry Spa, which offers guests the hotel’s famous Fire & Ice experience. The hotel’s three golf courses, including The Brabazon and The PGA National, are recognised as world-class, having previously hosted The Ryder Cup four times – more than any other venue in the world – and two European Tour events, producing some of the most dramatic moments in the history of golf.
Prices start from £119 for a classic room including full English breakfast.
If you enjoyed this chocolate fondant recipe you can find more yummy recipe ideas to keep you cooking through quarantine in the About Time recipe archives.