Grub In the Time Of Corona – Healthy Weekend PancakesBy amelia richards
We have for you the perfect antidote to the lockdown lows – a healthy pancake recipe with a difference!
While you’re stuck at home and unable to go out to your favourite restaurants, we thought we’d bring your favourite foods to you. We’ve teamed up with some of the trendiest brands in the capital to bring you a selection of delicious and suitably nutritious recipes that you can make easily at home with ingredients you already have. This week we have an easy weekend (or weekday – let’s be honest anything is game RN) brunch recipe for you.
It is our hope that these recipes will inspire you to get into the kitchen and get you creating some really yummy health-boosting dishes. Let us know how you get on and share your creations with us over on Instagram.
Whip up these nutritious, low-carb, low-sugar and high-fibre Keto Pancakes from Cru8 for the ultimate working-from-home breakfast or weekend brunch treat.
- – 1 cup almond flour
- – 1/4 cup coconut flour
- – 1 tsp baking soda
- – 1/4 tsp salt
- – 4 x eggs or 4 x fleggs
- – 1/3 cup almond milk
- – 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- – 1 tsp vanilla extract
- – 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- – 1 tbs coconut oil to coat skillet
- Prepare the dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients separately. Mix them together quickly.
- Heat a pan on low and add a tablespoon of coconut oil. Pour a spoonful of batter into the pan. Wait for bubbles to form and then when firm enough, flip.
- For the ultimate healthy pancake recipe, serve the pancakes with almond butter and low GI berries. If required, add a drizzle of chicory root syrup for an extra bit of sweetness.
Find more yummy recipes from our Grub In The Time Of Corona series here