Easy Steps to Get a Tourist Visa for the United StatesBy Angelica Malin
More and more people want to live the American dream nowadays. They are willing to put every effort into getting on this fascinating continent, because here new opportunities could come out any time. USA draws millions of people every year, no matter if they come here to stay or stopped by for a visit during their vacation. This old continent still has a lot of mysteries to discover and it is a perfect place for tourism.
The contrast from different parts of USA makes the continent so versatile and ready to welcome all types of tourists. Here, everybody can find something to do, there are many touristic attractions for every preference and the landscapes are diverse: mountains, planes, dessert, amazing beaches, colourful and alive cities. Visitors are eager to see New York City, spend some time in Las Vegas, visit the Grand Canyon or lye under the hot sun on the famous Miami Beaches.
As soon as you here about these amazing touristic attractions, you will be anxious to see them for yourself, but, unfortunately, there are some obstacles in your way. If you overcome the lack of money and you get enough time during the right time of the year, Visa would be another important issue. As you know, you will need one and, even if we are talking about a tourist Visa, the procedures can be hard and stressful. If you need help in getting the tourist Visa for United States, here are some useful tips to make the process smoother and more efficient.
Tips for getting the tourist Visa faster
If you go to the right places, the process for getting a tourist Visa for the United States shouldn’t take long. In some cases, people got it in less an hour. For that, they followed some easy steps:
- Register your application at the U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
- After the online application form is completed, you will receive the DS-160 application form. You will have to complete it as well
- After you are ready with the form, you will have to pay the $160 U.S.A Visa application fee. This fee is non-refundable
- Payment confirmation is the next step. You can do that online
- Next, you will have to choose an appointment date, according to your availability
- When you go to the interview, make sure that you have all the necessary documents with you: Passport valid for at least 6 months, DS-160 confirmation page, receipt for confirming the Visa fee payment, the appointment confirmation and a 2×2 photo.
- It makes a good impression to come to the interview 15 minutes before you are scheduled
When you are inside the Embassy, remember that all electronic devices are prohibited. Also, the additional 15 minutes time is due to security measures. The Embassy has some steps to follow also:
– you will be asked for your passport and DS-160 form
– you will go to another office where staff members will ask you for the other documents
– your bag will be checked
-your finger will be scanned
The interview is the most important part form the selection procedure. If you are successful, you will receive the Visa. This process is used only when applying for a tourist Visa. Other Visas might need other steps, so look for more information on each before.