Easy Mid-Week Bake: Milk Chocolate, Honey & Apricot Flapjack RecipeBy amelia richards
There is something so comforting about a flapjack. This milk chocolate flapjack recipe, brought to us by Lizi’s, is packed with seedy, nutty granola, speckled with apricots and topped with a scrumptious layer of milk chocolate will bring everyone to the kitchen for a chat and a slice! It’s easily customisable and able to made vegan too.
- – 100g butter (or vegan alternative).
- – 50g sugar (use brown or demerara for best results)
- – 2 tablespoons of honey (golden/maple syrup also work!)
- – 300g of Lizi’s Original Granola
- – Pinch of salt
- – 75g chopped apricots and 50g sultanas (optional), or add a grated apple
- – 150g milk chocolate chips or a roughly chopped chocolate bar (or vegan alternative)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Put the butter, sugar and honey into a saucepan and melt
- Put the granola, apricots, and sultanas into a large bowl
- Pour the melted butter and sugar mixture onto the dry ingredients and stir well to combine
- Line a tin with non-stick baking paper
- Scrape the mixture into the tin and press down gently with the back of a spoon
- Put into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Lift carefully out of the oven and leave to cool completely in the tin
- Melt the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave or a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water
- Once the flapjack is completely cold, spread with the melted chocolate and pop in the fridge to set for about an hour before cutting into fingers
Lizi’s Breakfast Range is available from Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Ocado, Asda, Morrisons, Whole Foods, Co-Op, Booths and all good health stores.
Get more baking recipes, inspiration and ideas from About Time here.