About Time: You Made BerryWorld Raspberry Chia JamBy Angelica Malin
Hey there, berry lovers! You might have noticed that week, we’re working with BerryWorld on a special Berry Week dedicated to everyone’s favourite fruit. Expect lots of delicious berry recipes, a special competition and tons of berry inspiration for your culinary creations. If you’re looking for a delicious snack, try out this brilliant raspberry chia jam recipe created by Julieta Lucca. The perfect afternoon treat is waiting for you:
Raspberry Chia Jam Recipe with Homemade Crackers
Makes 500ml jam
For the chia jam
- 2 cups raspberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
For the crackers
- 90g flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 60ml water
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
For the chia jam:
1. Begin by adding the fruit to a food processor and process until there are barely any fruit chunks visible.
2. Add the lemon juice and sugar and process once again, making sure you taste it as you go to make sure the flavour is right. If it needs more sugar or lemon add accordingly.
3. Add the fruit mixture to a bowl, combine with the chia seeds and mix well. The chia seeds will expand as they are left to mingle with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Once you are happy with how it tastes, place the jam in a jar and leave in the fridge while you make the crackers.
For the crackers:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 230°C (200°C Fan) and prepare some baking trays by sprinkling them with some flour or lining them with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, salt, sugar in a bowl. Mix well so everything is evenly distributed.
3. Add both the water and oil to the dry ingredients and mix until it becomes a dough ball. You may need to add more water or flour depending on how dry or wet the dough is. It should be malleable without sticking to your fingers.
4. Flour your work surface lightly and roll the dough out until it’s about 4mm thick. If you notice the dough shrinks back every time you roll it out, let it rest for a couple of minutes covered with a tea towel.
5. Once your dough is rolled out, start cutting the crackers in whichever shape you want. Transfer the crackers to the floured baking trays.
6. Prick each cracker with a fork to prevent them from puffing up. Place the baking trays with the crackers in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them in case they brown too fast, this might mean your oven is a bit too hot. Once baked, take the trays out of the oven and let the crackers cool down.
7. Serve with the jam and your favourite cup of tea!