Bring on the Bitter: 7 Quirky Recipes for Negroni WeekBy Angelica Malin
It’s Negroni Week (14th-20th September) and we thought what better way to celebrate than round up a bunch of recipes that offer a delicious twist on this classic and well-loved cocktail. From coffee-inspired concoctions to summery variations, it’s time to get drinking:
Chase Distillery: Seville Marmalade Negroni
– 25ml Chase Seville Orange Gin (best stockist is waitrose.co.uk)
– 25ml Campari
– 25ml Sweet Vermouth
1. Add all ingredients into a mixing glass and stir with cubed ice until thoroughly chilled. Strain into a rocks glass over cubed ice and garnish with fresh orange peel.
Caorunn Gin: Caorunn Twist Negroni
1. Stir over ice all the ingredients together in a shaker with some ice, pour into a rocks glass with some more ice and garnish with a twist of orange peel.
Brockmans Gin: Summer Negroni
– 50ml Brockmans Gin
– 25ml Antica Formula
– 25ml Aperol
– 4 Raspberries
1. Muddle 4 raspberries in a shaker and then add ice cubes and all the other ingredients. Shake till chilled and double strain into a rocks glass over an ice ball.
2. Garnish with the dehydrated orange.
Starlino Rosso: Negroni
– 25 ml Starlino Rosso
– 25 ml Campari
– 25 ml Gin
1. Add all the ingredients to an Old Fashioned glass.
2. Stir and serve with a twist of fresh orange peel and a maraschino cherry.
Cotswolds Dry Gin: Franchino’s Negroni
– 25 ml Cotswolds Dry Gin
– 25 ml Campari
– 25 ml Grapefruit juice
– 8 ml sugar syrup
– 2 drops of grapefruit bitters
1. Add all the ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain over an ice-filled hi-ball glass.
2. Top up with tonic and serve. Garnish with a slice of dried grapefruit.
Black Fire Tequila: Coffee Negroni
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with cubed ice, give it a quick stir for 30 seconds and then strain into a rocks glass with ice and garnish with an orange peel, lightly squeeze to express the oils onto the surface of the drink.
Jaisalmer Indian Craft Gin: Jaisalmer Negroni
– 30ml Jaisalmer Indian Craft Gin
– 30ml Sweet Vermouth
– 30ml Campari
– Orange peel to garnish
1. Stir all the ingredients over ice in a rocks glass until chilled. Top with more ice and garnish with a twist of orange peel.