About Time: You Tasted the Whisky Cocktails of the FutureBy Cass Horowitz
Go on a voyage of discovery at Naked Grouse’s ’12 Nights of the Future’, a series of events which will see a dozen of London’s most innovative bars unveil a series of futuristic cocktails. Each bar will give their interpretation on the future through pioneering techniques like sous-viding, centrifuging and rotovapping, experimenting with glassware, mouthfeel and of course, flavour. And if you don’t know what any of the cocktail jargon above means, don’t worry – we don’t have the foggiest either.
Curated by premium blended malt Scotch whisky Naked Grouse, leading bartenders from the likes of London Cocktail Club, Callooh Callay and Nola will be hosting a series of intimate events (27th June-30th August) geared towards giving trend-hunters the opportunity to taste twelve one-night-only menus of radical whisky cocktails.
12 Nights of the Future: What to Expect
As the contemporary whisky category sets to soar, Naked Grouse is making steps to pioneer the category by focusing on future trends and the next generation of whisky drinkers. In turn, they’re supporting the coming together of mixology, cutting edge tools and techniques to collaborate with leading bars to create multi-sensory serves ranging from themes such as “sharing is caring” to the explorative twist on a 3 course menu to showcase a 3 course drink (starter, main, dessert).
With each bar making predictions on everything from the glassware to the look, mouthfeel and flavour, each has been created using a selection of hand-selected ingredients specially harmonised with the rich and fruity flavour of the Naked Grouse including highballs, punches and whisky ice cream.
12 Nights of the Future: Participants
For one night only in each of the selected bars, everyone will have the exclusive opportunity to immerse themselves in the future and experience each unique whisky serve.
Bars participating in ‘The 12 Nights of the Future’ include:
- London Cocktail Club Oxford Circus (27th June): 4 Great Portland St, Fitzrovia, London W1W 8QJ
- Four Sisters Townhouse (3rd July): 5 Groveland Ct, London EC4M 9EH
- Demon, Wise & Partners (13th July): 27a Throgmorton St, London EC2N 2AN
- Hush (24th July): 8 Lancashire Court W1S 1EY
- Callooh Callay (30th July): 65 Rivington St, London EC2A 3AY
- TT Liquor (4th August): 17B Kingsland Rd, London E2 8AA
- Rumpus Room (9th August): 20 Upper Ground, South Bank, London SE1 9PD
- Cocktail Trading Co. w/Kelvingrove Cafe from Glasgow (14th August): 68 Bethnal Green Rd, London E1 6GQ
- High Water (16th August): 23 Stoke Newington Rd, Stoke Newington, London N16 8BJ
- Clarendon Cocktail Cellar (19th August): 52 Cambridge St, Pimlico, London SW1V 4QQ
- Looking Glass Cocktail Club (24th August): 49 Hackney Rd, London E2 7NX
- NOLA (30th August): 107 Roman Rd, London E2 0QN
For more information, see here