About Time: You Discovered Wine List’s Summer Wine PicksBy Elliot Mitchell
Wine List’s Summer Wine Picks: July
– Ryzlink Riesling is a Czech riesling. Apricot aromas throughout with great refreshing acidity. Light and crisp. Available by the bottle or in the July By the glass shipment.
– Oxney Organic Rose is one of England’s very best roses and tastes of strawberries and cream. A Wine List crowd favourite at £18
– Lamiable Grand Cru Champagne – before it gets too hot, we like to drink crisp Champagne. Lamiable is a blend of 2014 base wine and so adds real aged flavours to the wine.
Wine List’s Summer Wine Picks: August
– E Rosso is a chillable, natural red wine that comes in litre bottles from Italy. They are consciously converting their farms to biodynamic as we speak, and reducing the level of sulphites. A juicy and bright red that is perfect in August sun – also available in By the Glass
– L’echappee Belle is a crisp white that takes you to the seaside. Close your eyes and you can practically smell the salty air, and platters of seafood being brought towards you. Drink in magnum or bottle.
– Maison Venentac is a Languedoc wine producer whose rosé is an out and out classic at WIne List HQ. Languedoc by nature, but Provencal in style. Crisp light and perfect for summer heat.
Wine List’s Summer Wine Picks: September
– With the first cool evenings yet, you’ll want to welcome them with great reds. Sanction by Domaine Oddyssee is just that – a grenache that is elegant rather than jammy and so suits the late summer evenings. Available in bottle.
– Westwell Pet Nat smells so prominently of apples, you could probably be tricked into thinking it’s a cider. Absolutely wonderful and perfectly English.
– Sparkling Red by Dunleavy is the perfect September evening wine. The warmth makes you want sparkling but the earlier evenings make you want red. This sparkling red is just the answer. Like sparking cherryade.
For further information on the Wine List, see here.