Top 3: Ways to Get Creative With Coconut Ice CreamBy Alicia Grimshaw
Coconut ice cream is not just for eating on a balmy summer’s day. Cook Clean With Kate has partnered with the guys at The Coconut Collaborative to specially create some incredible recipes. Let’s all start getting creative with coconut ice cream:
After Kate Frozen Smoothie
- 2 large, frozen bananas, skins removed
- 2 tbsp Coconut Collaborative natural yoghurt
- 1 scoop Coconut Collaborative chocolate Snowconut
- 2 squares Green & Black’s organic dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Handful ice
- Melted dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Fresh mint leaves
1. Simply place all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth.
2. Pour the smoothie into your chosen glass and decorate with a little melted dark chocolate, a few cacao nibs and a sprig of mint on top.
- 125g gluten free porridge oats
- 125g ground almonds
- 75g organic butter
- 1-2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 60g coconut sugar
- 50g chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 packs blueberries
- 2 packs blackberries
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
Coconut Collaborative vanilla snowconut
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C
2. Make the crumble topping first. Place the oats, ground almonds, cinnamon, butter, and sugar in a bowl, and rub them together with your fingers until the ingredients are incorporated. Then add the pecans and rub together for a few moments.
3. To assemble, place the blueberries and the blackberries in a suitably sized dish. Stir the maple syrup through the fruit. The amount of maple syrup you need will differ depending on the amount of fruit and which type you use.
4. Spread the crumble topping evenly over the fruit until completely covered. Don’t worry if the crumble doesn’t look smooth as this is denser than traditional crumble made with flour.
5. Place in the oven for 25 minutes until the topping is crunchy and golden brown. Use foil after 10 minutes if desired.
6. Serve with a few scoops of Coconut Collaborative vanilla Snowconut.
Gooey Valentine’s Chocolate Pudding
- 4 large organic eggs
- 250g Green & Black’s 70% chocolate
- 6 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 60ml maple syrup
- 2tbsp ground almonds
- 2tbsp Green & Blacks cocoa powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 scoop Coconut Collaborative Raspberry Swirl Snowconut
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 c.
2. Using an electric whisk beat the eggs for at least 5 minutes until they have doubled in volume.
3. Place the chocolate and the coconut oil in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and gently melt.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the whisked eggs and stir to combine.
5. Pour the melted chocolate into the eggs and briefly whisk to combine.
6. Gently pour the mixture into the 4 moulds/dishes you are using.
7. Place the dishes in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until the puddings are cooked on the outside but are slightly runny in the middle.
8. Serve with Coconut Collaborative Raspberry ‘Snowconut’ ice cream and fresh berries.
Photo Credit: Pixie & Willow