About Time: You Made a Quick & Easy Prawn RigatoniBy Angelica Malin
We all know the feeling; you’ve had a long day at work and the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen. You want something quick, easy and comforting – without the guilt of indulging in a takeaway.
If this sounds all too familiar, read on to discover the perfect midweek prawn rigatoni recipe, provided by HelloFresh. Taking just 20 minutes to prepare, this hearty meal is just what you need. Read on to discover the recipe:
- 200g wheat rigatoni pasta
- ½ a lemon
- 1 pack of crème fraiche
- 1 courgette
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
- ½ sachet of vegetable stock
- 150 grams of king prawns
*These ingredients serve two. If you’re cooking for more, visit the recipe on the HelloFresh website to find the ingredients needed to serve three and four people.
You’ll need these utensils too:
- A saucepan
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Place a saucepan on high heat and fill with boiling water from the kettle. Add in the rigatoni and allow to cook for 11 minutes.
- Once cooked, use a colander to drain the pasta and lightly drizzle with oil. This will help stop the rigatoni from sticking together. Place to one side.
- Chop the courgette into half moons: start by trimming the courgette, before slicing lengthways then chopping into 1cm half-moons.
- Chop the parsley roughly and zest the lemon.
- Add the courgette to a frying pan with no oil on high heat. Cook for around 3-4 minutes until they are slightly charred all over. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Reduce the heat and add the stock powder, crème fraiche and half the parsley. Stir together and bring to the boil, before reducing the heat and allowing to simmer and thicken.
- Add the prawns to the mix and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the prawns are cooked through. When the prawns are cooked, they will be pink on the outside and opaque on the inside. If the sauce has gone a little too thick, add a dash of water to the pan.
- Add the rest of the parsley and the lemon zest into a bowl.
- Add the drained pasta from earlier to the pan and mix well with the sauce.
- Squeeze in a lemon to taste and add salt and pepper as required. Serve in bowls and top with your pre-prepared lemon and parsley mix.
Voila — a tasty meal that will surely become a weekly staple in your meal planning. Enjoy!
Sponsored post with HelloFresh