About Time: You Made Chetna’s Chocolate Oreo CakeBy Angelica Malin
Chocolate Cake with Oreo Cream Cheese Buttercream
This is an indulgent celebration cake with a super moist chocolate sponge. The cake is layered with Oreo cream cheese icing, which adds to the sweetness of the cake. This is finished with some Oreo biscuit crumbs on top and a good amount of chocolate ganache drizzle, which makes it a perfectly balanced cake and even better if you share it with your loved ones.
For the Cake
- 200 gms unsalted softened butter
- 200 gms caster sugar
- 150 gms self raising flour
- 50 gms cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 50 gms dark chocolate – melted
- 100 ml boiling water
For the Buttercream
- 100 gms butter
- 300 gms cream cheese
- 800 gms icing sugar
- 7 oreo biscuits – roughly crushed
- Chocolate ganache
- 2 oreo biscuits – roughly crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line 2 x 7 inch round cake tins.
2. In a bowl mix the butter, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, eggs and melted chocolate. Whisk it for a minute and while the whisk is still on slowly add the boiling water to the mix. Whisk for another 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth. Pour it into the prepared cake tins equally and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cakes are done.
3. Leave them to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile prepare the buttercream. In a bowl whisk the butter for 2 minutes until light and creamy. Add the cream cheese and whisk for another minute. To this add the icing sugar a bit at a time and whisk for 2 minutes until the buttercream is light and smooth. Add the crushed biscuits and whisk for one last minute.
5. Place one layer of the cake on your serving plate. Spread some of the icing on top and place the second layer of the cake on top. Spread more icing on the top and sprinkle the crushed biscuits. To finish put the ganache in a piping bag and drizzle it over the biscuit crumb and serve.
Watch the recipe video for this cake on Chetna’s Youtube channel ‘Food with Chetna’ here