About Time: You Made a Nākd Raspberry Ripple Cake
Planning your weekend baking? Things just got very sweet indeed. This month, we’ve teamed up with Nākd to bring some wonderful wholesome recipes, fresh ideas and a special competition giveaway. To get involved, like them on Facebook here, follow them on Twitter here and Instagram here. We’re loving these beautiful Nākd raspberry ripple cakes, created by blogger superstar Juliet Oscar Yankee (follow her on Twitter here), for a sweet indulgence that’s totally vegan. Here’s how to make them:
Nākd Raspberry Ripple Mini Cake
- 1 Nākd Berry Delight bar, flattened and cut using a 5 cm diameter cutter
- 50g dark chocolate
For the Raspberry Ripple:
- 70g fresh raspberries
- 10g water
- 1 tbsp sugar
For the Vegan Vanilla Cake:
- 125ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 125g plain flour
- 60g sugar
- 1 ⅕ tsp baking powder
- 40g vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
To make the Raspberry Ripple:
Bring the ingredients to the boil in a saucepan, reduce the heat to medium-low so the water starts to evaporate and you are left with a lovely glossy, marmalade-like ripple. One way to test when is done is to coat the back of the spoon with the mixture and slide your finger across the coating. If the mixture stays on its place and doesn’t slide off, it’s done. Set aside.
To make the Vegan Vanilla Cake:
1. Combine the almond milk with apple cider vinegar and leave to the side.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Grease and line a cake tin with parchment paper.
3. Sift the flour, sugar and baking powder together and mix. Then add the oil, almond extract and almond milk with apple cider.
4. Mix all together until well combined and place the mixture in the cake tin.
5. Add dollops of the raspberry ripple around the tin and swirl with a knife creating a marbling effect. Bake for 20 minutes or until you insert a skewer inside the cake and it comes out clean.
6. With the help of a rolling pin, flatten the Berry Delight Bar and cut up a 5 cm diameter circle. Use the same cutter to cut out cake circles.
7. Place the Berry Delight circle on a plate, followed by 2 layers of the cake and drip melted chocolate on the top making sure it reaches the sides so it drips down.
8. Place a raspberry with a Cocoa Bliss Nibble on the top and enjoy.
Recipe created by Juliet Oscar Yankee. Sponsored post in assocation with Nākd – for more information, see their website here, like them on Facebook here, follow them on Twitter here and Instagram here.